Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Talk to me! ! !

I've added a blog to this site so you can talk about:

What do think when you see some of these images? What do you remember?

Have you eaten at these restaurants, worshipped in these churches, gone to these schools, shopped in these stores and driven down these streets?

How has it changed? Better or worse?

Which of the images on these pages draw you? Carrollton or Maysville flood scenes? Newport's Sin City heritage? The L&N images over in Latonia? The old houses of Falmouth? Ludlow's Lagoon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I cannot believe I am the first to post.

But, I grew up in Kenton County. I am 52 years old and went to TaylorMill Elementary School, no fond memories there.

I have seen lots of changes. My father was a lifelong resident of TaylorMill. He worked over at the former Luther Feldman Estate in the early 30s. He remembered the old original Latonia Race Track. As recent as 5 to 10 years ago a person who knew could still see the original track tracks.

I now live in Boone County and wonder what the land was formerly like near the Southfork Creek and where Woodcreek Drive is. It is now a Henry Fischer Development. I sort of remember cows from the 70s. But I want to know what it was like at the turn of the century (1900) that is.

Thanks for this website.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember the TaylorMill Bus? The old blue and white bus that went from TaylorMill down to park in front of the old YMCA and Kresge was infront on Madison Avenue. Then to go "over the river" to shop you had to board the Green Line bus.

My mother and I did that weekly. We would go over the bridge and into the bus terminal. Everyone who you knew was in the terminal too it seemed.